Specifically engineered for hard working trucks that tow or haul heavy loads, the 48RE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit fits 2003 to 2008 Dodge and Ram vehicles with the 48RE automatic transmission with gas or diesel engine. This kit will not work with hybrid or converted 47RE valve bodies. Common complaints on this transmission are TCC slip or shudder, 2nd gear band and direct clutch failure as well as torque converter drain-back.
Features and benefits:
With max main line pressure set to 145 psi in 1st through 3rd gear and up to 180 psi in 4th gear or lock-up as well as a more aggressive pressure curve, this kit includes valve body and servo components as well as internal components calibrated for higher operating pressures in all gears to provide a very significant increase in torque capacity for all the clutch elements including the TCC clutch.
There are several innovative components in this kit. One of them is our line-to-converter feed system which helps the unit run cooler and promotes longer TCC clutch life. Likewise, the TransGo pioneered manual valve reduces overnight forward and reverse delayed engagement complaints due to torque converter drain back. The kit also includes a drop-in detent ball bore repair bullet that works directly in the existing worn bore, this helps with difficult park dis-engagement problem. Similarly, the new drop-in TV and throttle reducing valve (boost) with relocated lands restores the TV pressure boost system functionality providing quick line pressure response in forward and reverse ranges. In addition, the valve body modifications provide increased flow to the direct clutch and band release circuit reducing 2-3 shift overlap.
Lastly, you can install this kit with the transmission in the truck. On the other hand, there are internal sealing rings furnished in the kit if the transmission is on the bench for overhaul.
- TCC slip or shudder
- Reduces converter drain-back
- Soft shifts
- 2nd band failure
- 3rd clutch failure
- 2-3 shift overlap
- Increases clutch element torque capacity
- Provides short clean shifts as well as an improved TCC engagement feel
- (3) High-temp low shrink sealing rings
- Lower 1-2 accumulator spring
- Front servo washer and optional white spring (for oversized aftermarket front servo)
- Rear servo optional tapered spring and spacer
- Drill-guide plate, drill bit and drill-stop spacer to modify the valve body casting
- Boost valve bracket
- Drop-in repair detent repair bullet, spring and Mumbly peg (for easy detent spring and bullet installation)
- USA-made hardened steel manual valve with converter charge in park provision and cherry bomb
- Drop-in USA-made hardened boost valve and tapered spring
- Part throttle body transfer plate, pin, spacer and detent limit valve spring
- Drop-in USA-made hardened steel throttle valve and spring
- Pre-calibrated and more robust valve body separator plate
- 3-4 quick fill valve spring
- (3) 3-4 accumulator springs, vented accumulator cover, and plug for accumulator housing
- Transfer plate, tapered plug, spring, checkball, limit bushing and O-ring
- Solenoid body plate
- PR valve shim, spring seat and inner spring for line-to-converter feed provision as well as outer spring for increased pressure
- (3) Drill bits